Friday, June 1, 2007

Intro Post by raidergirl3

I've been reading over here for quite a while and I thought it was time to introduce myself. I'm raidergirl3, a teacher and mom who likes to read more than clean or cook. Luckily, I have a husband who likes to eat and recognizes that he needs to cook to accomplish that. I wasn't going to join here, just gleam good suggestions, but you have made so many good reviews, my list of books to read is growing exponentially. I may as well join you since I am now reading books you have raved about. I see me reading at least 6 titles and perhaps more but I'm only committing to 6. My little list includes:

  • Half of a Yellow Sun - Aldichie (already read; review at my site)
  • The Echo Maker - Powers
  • The Translator - Aboulela
  • Arthur and George - Barnes
  • Special Topics in Calamity Physics - Pesel
  • The Road - McCarthy

Some other possible books would be Black Swan Green by Mitchell and A Woman in Jerusalem by Yehoshua. So many of these great books fit in my own personal reading across borders challenge.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Welcome raidergirl3!
I'm really glad you decided to join us here and make your challenge participation official!

kookie said...

I'm glad you decided to join our little group. Your contributions will be most welcome. Have fun!