Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Giving Up


Originally posted here.



I am about 50 pages into "Eat the Document"and I once again find myself avoiding reading. So, I am calling it quits. It really is too bad because at first I was interested but the book keeps switching around and I haven’t ever really caught on to what’s going on. This may be one I come back to when I am in a different mood.

On a different note, I have joined the Book Around the World Challenge and I have added some books to my list that fit that challenge and this one. Here are my added titles that I hope to read yet this year:
  • Half of a Yellow Sun - Chimamanda Ngochi Adichie
  • The Translator - Leila Aboulela
  • Black Swan Green - David Mitchell
  • A Woman in Jerusalem - A.B. Yehoshua
  • The Inheritance of Loss Kiran Desai
  • Suite Francaise - Irene Nemirovsky
  • Alentejo Blue - Monica Ali
This makes me feel better since 3 of my4 DNF's for this year are NYT Notables. It can only get better, right?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

This was not my favorite read either - although I managed to read through to the end. But, it *does* jump around and I didn't connect with the characters the way I have in other novels.