Sunday, May 27, 2007

May Update - Wendy

May 17, 2007: I finished The Road tonight. Wow, wow, wow. I need 24 hours to absorb this book and try to come up with a semi-coherent review on it. I've gone on and read all the reviews here on this book and added to some of the comments. There are a lot of questions I have, and sort of vague thoughts. Hopefully will post a review tomorrow.

May 27, 2007: I've moved things around. I need to read Old Filth for The Spring Thing challenge, so I've decided to wait on The Emperor's Children. I started Old Filth last night.

I am drowning in books - of course, I'm not really complaining since I love books - but nonetheless, I've created a goal list of to be reads that far exceeds my capability.

At any rate, if all goes well this month I will have read the following NYT Most Notables before the calendar flips into June:

1. Eat the Document, by Dana Spiotta (FINISHED 5/22/2007)
2. The Road, by Cormac McCarthy (FINISHED 5/17/2007)
3. The Emperor's Children, by Claire Messud (MOVE THIS TO NEXT MONTH OR AUGUST)
4. Old Filth, by Jane Gardam (FINISHED 5/29/2007)

3 comments:

kookie said...

*wringing hands with glee over the thought of reading Wendy's review of 'The Road'*

I hope you like it.

Wendy said...

I'll be reading it toward the end of the month - hope I like it too :)

kookie said...

Isn't it wonderful to have the benefit of all the conversations we've been having of "The Road" to help formulate your thoughts? I just read through all the comments about it, and it makes me want to go back and re-read it to see if I have a different take on it now.

This book has sparked the most discussion by far out of all the books on the list. I think that speaks volumes.