Saturday, February 24, 2007

Kim's List....

Hello there! I am excited to join the challenge with you all :0) I just thought I would pop in and post my list of what I am going to read for the challenge...there are definitely some great books to choose from, but the following books were the ones that caught my eye! I am looking forward to discussing these book with everyone!

The Echo Maker by Richard Powers
High Lonesome by Joyce Carol Oates
Black Swan Green by David Mitchell
The Uses of Enchantment by Heidi Julavits
Golden Country by Jennifer Gilmore
Skinner's Drift by Lisa Fugard
The Dissident by Nell Freudenberger
The Lay of the Land by Richard Ford
The Keep by Jennifer Egan
The Dead Fish Museum by Charles D'Ambrosio
Alentejo Blue by Monica Ali
The Translator by Leila Aboulela
Arthur & George by Julian Barnes
The Emperor's Children by Claire Messud
The Inhabited World by David Long
The Inheritance of Loss by Kiren Desai
Lisey's Story by Steven King
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson

I have already started to read "The Emperor's Children"...happy reading everyone!

2 comments:

Sycorax Pine said...

I look forward to hearing what you think of "The Emperor's Children," Kim. It is one that I seriously considered putting on my list, but I get the sense that reactions to it have been polarized. If you recommend it, it may very well become the 16th entry on my list!

Amy said...

We have many titles in common Kim. I am looking forward to sharing thoughts!