Sunday, February 25, 2007

Literary Feline's List of Potentials

Wendy (Caribousmom) twisted my arm, and here I am. At least, she is just my excuse for letting myself be swept into another irresistable challenge. For the long version of the story, stop by my personal blog, Musings of a Bookish Kitty.

In order to make the NYT Challenge work for me, I am going to allow myself a lot of freedom. I will not be setting a specific number of books to read from the list (although I would like to read them all!). I have jotted down a few titles that appeal to me, and my choices will come from that list (subject to change based on other books that catch my fancy or recommedations by others).

Without further ado . . .

Fiction:
Forgetfulness by Ward Just (read 12/2006)
Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson
The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai
Beasts of No Nation by Uzodinma Iweala
The Inhabited World by David Long (read 06/2007)
Gate of the Sun by Elias Khoury
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
Absurditan by Gary Shteyngart
Eat the Document by Dana Spiotta
Digging to America by Anne Tyler

Nonfiction:
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you joined. I look forward to sharing with you!

Sycorax Pine said...

Welcome, Literary Feline! I think you have chosen a very wise way to approach the challenge, and I have to admit that the books you mark as appealing also strike me that way. I am so glad you have joined us!

Kim said...

Yay! Welcome to the challenge...I so glad that your arm got twisted :0)

Wendy said...

Thanks for joining us! *looks around to see who else's arm needs twisting :)

Stephanie said...

I think every book on your list is on mine except for one! Great minds think alike??

Glad to see you here!