Friday, March 16, 2007

Laura's Introduction and Progress Year to Date

Hello all,

I was delighted to learn about this challenge from Wendy. I started the year with the "50 Book Challenge" which seemed like a huge goal until I got started and realized a book a week wasn't as difficult as it sounded.

So then I decided, it's not just about how many you read, but what you read. And because I've "met" so many interesting fellow readers through the Yahoo Bookworms group, LiveJournal, and LibraryThing, I've come across many other challenges to try. Not wanting to overdo it, I'm now also "Reading across Borders," and have decided to have a go at the NYT Notable Books also. I'm also keeping track of the 1001 Books to Read Before you Die. If you'd like to learn more about me and the books I've read or want to read, check out my book journal or my library.

As for the New York Times Notable books, I've read 3. I'd like to read 10 in 2007. I will post my reviews separately, but have also linked to the original review below.
  1. "Black Swan Green", by David Mitchell - I read this in 2006, before I started keeping a journal
  2. The Inheritance of Loss, by Kiran Desai
  3. Suite Francaise, by Irene Nemirovsky
"Half of a Yellow Sun" is currently waiting for me at my local library. Hopefully the ice storm currently hitting Southeastern Pennsylvania will not prevent me from getting there tomorrow!

I'm looking forward to reading and discussing with all of you ...

4 comments:

kookie said...

Welcome, Laura. Good luck with your ice storm. Glad that stuff is done in my neck of the woods. Had enough.

Amy said...

Hi and welcome Laura. I look forward to discussing books with you!

1morechapter said...

Welcome, Laura!

Wendy said...

Glad to have you here, Laura!