Friday, March 2, 2007

Sarah's (Loose Baggy Monster) Progress

I am only about 50 pages from finishing Half of a Yellow Sun, so hopefully I will finish that tonight (in fact, I'm going to go pick it up off the pile by my bed and get to it now). I'm a bit stumped as to where to turn next. Part of me would like to pick up Arthur and George, but part of me is interested in diving into Suite Française. Knowing me and my inability to make a decision, I'll just start both and see where my reading takes me... Besides, I will be heading to the library tomorrow for my weekly visit, so who knows what else will jump out and attack me! (this is the excuse I give my husband when I come home from a bookstore with yet another book--that I was a victim of a book ambush. I don't think he believes me). Happy reading!

4 comments:

sally906 said...

My vote would be to read Suite Française. They are both 'war' stories but from different wars and different perspectives. Well worth reading back to back to get the full effect of the contrast.

Loose Baggy Monster said...

I think I agree--so Suite Française it is!

kookie said...

Don't make any promises Sarah, you know how those 'book ambushes' can be. ;) That's a great way to describe it...it's happened to me more times than I can count. (Like twice a week)

Amy said...

I am forever being ambushed by books too. LOL!