Friday, March 9, 2007

Literary Feline's Progress - Step One: Obtaining the Books

I recently came into possession of several of the NYT 2006 Notable Books. Let the challenge begin! Okay, so maybe not quite yet. I had every intention of beginning Kate Atkinson's One Good Turn (which I already had on hand) once I finished with my current reading selection, however, that is not meant to be. I do hope to get to it or one of my more recent acquisitions before the end of the month. Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but let's think positive.

The most recent additions to my personal library in relation to this challenge include:

The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai
Beasts of No Nation by Uzodinma Iweala (not on my original list)
The Inhabited World by David Long
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
Eat the Document by Dana Spiotta

I already have copies of Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Kate Atkinson's One Good Turn. They are staring at me from my desk shelf. My cat is not too pleased with their location as that's one of his favorite spots to peer out at the world. Hopefully they will find themselves on my read shelves before he misses his spot too much.

Let me close with a quick shout out to the participants in this great challenge. I am very much enjoying your reviews and reading your thoughts on the books you have chosen to read. I look forward to joining in on the discussions!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

All your recent acquisitions are also on my list, Wendy. Can't wait to discuss them with you :)

Sycorax Pine said...

Thanks for the kind comments, Literary Feline! I would say that I can't wait to hear what you think of these books (which is true), but I too am well-acquainted with the battle between the fatal time-crunch and the siren song of this challenge....

Kim said...

Oh, we know you will get to them when you can! If anyone understands, it is your fellow book lovers :0) We will be here awaiting your reviews whenever that may be!

kookie said...

You have all year, Kitty. Don't worry, we'll be here.

Literary Feline said...

Thanks for the understanding and support. :-)